10 questions to ask during the exploratory call
Exploratory calls are one of the most important first contact procedures when starting to work with a new customer. Usually an account manager and a team or branch manager attend the call from Shinetech. The customer can bring as many people they deem necessary.
The account manager is in charge of the administration details, while the team or branch manager discusses the technical aspect of the project.
The account manager is usually the one who presents Shinetech and our company values. They also ask the following questions:
- Are you familiar with Agile development principles?
- Have you worked with a remote team before?
- Can you elaborate your expectations?
- What timeline do you have planned for this project?
After discussing these four crucial questions, the team or branch manager takes over the conversation to further explore the project’s technical aspect. The questions a branch manager asks are:
- What technology stack are you planning to use?
- Why this particular technology stack?
- Can you walk us through your vision for this software?
- Will this software be standalone or should it work well with some other software?
- How will this software impact your business processes and goals?
- What is the long term plan you have for this piece of software?
During exploratory calls, it is important to find a common ground with the potential customer and seek to understand how the software will impact their business. To develop the software that will help the customer long-term, we need to understand its business impacts. Software practicality and effectiveness are the most important characteristics, the technology is there for support.
Do you have a project you'd like to discuss with our developers?
Leave us a detailed message in the contact form below, and we will get back to you in one business day.